5 Success Strategies to Stay Sane & Productive While Working From Home
As many of us move into another month of working from home, you may find it frustrating or difficult to stay productive. While the prospect of working from home is exciting to some, it can be a daunting task for others. If you are looking for strategies to keep you productive, feeling good, and most importantly, sane, then read on for five of the best tips from our team!
- Set up a dedicated workspace – One of the best ways to stay focused while working from home is to set up a home office area. Whether it’s a dedicated room in your home, or just a makeshift desk space, having a spot to do your work will help keep you on-task throughout the day. Consider setting up this space as you would your desk at work, with similar office supplies, technology (when possible), and even decorations you’d have on-hand in the office.
- Stick to a routine – While working from home, your daily routine has probably changed. Especially considering recent events, you may not be able to partake in the same daily activities you once did such as visiting a coffee shop in the morning or stopping by the gym on your way home from the office. Even the lack of a daily commute can disrupt many peoples’ flow.
Consider adopting a new daily routine during your time working from home. Create a schedule of a few simple activities that you can complete to warm up before your workday and to wind down once it is done. Set times to take breaks, eat lunch, and complete various tasks throughout the workday, as you would in the office. You’ll be surprised how much a routine will help you stay productive!
- Stay healthy – It can be hard to keep track of essentials like eating right, staying hydrated, and getting fresh air and exercise when cooped up at home. Try to create a wellness plan for yourself while you work from home. Plan out fresh, nutritious meals whenever possible. Keep a full water bottle in easy reach of your workstation. Try to schedule short breaks to stretch, briefly exercise, or spend some time outside throughout your workday.
- Reduce distractions – Distractions can be tough to avoid while working from home, but there are steps we can all take to minimize them. Try to set up your workspace in a quiet, private place, away from electronics like TVs, gaming consoles, or other home tech devices. Consider placing your smartphone in a space away from your workspace, or, if your phone is vital to your work, set short app timers for any time-wasting apps.
- Take breaks – It’s easy to get caught up in tasks as you work from home, and while it may feel productive to work nonstop for hours, it is still vital that you take some time away from your workstation to avoid stress and burnout. Take short, five-to-ten minute breaks throughout your workday, and try to take a longer break to eat a meal halfway through your day. You’ll often find yourself feeling refreshed and more productive after a short break!
We understand that working from home, especially during recent times, can pose a unique set of challenges. Feel free to reach out to our team, we are always here to support you and your business during difficult times.